Novant Health is looking for compassionate, caring BC / BE fellowship trained Hospice & Palliative Medicine physicians to join our rapidly growing inpatient provider team, and we would love to speak with you about our opportunities.
Novant Health Palliative Care – Winston-Salem, NC is seeking fellowship trained Palliative Care physicians for our growing practice. The ideal candidate has experience in the acute care setting, is patient-focused and enjoys working in a fast-paced team-oriented environment. The preferred candidate will have an interest in leading a collaborative and positive team-based culture.
Winston-Salem is located in the heart of the Piedmont Triad. The fifth largest city in North Carolina offers city conveniences with local restaurants, arts, and entertainment. Winston-Salem boasts excellent public and private schools as well as several local universities including Wake Forest University, Winston-Salem State University and the NC School of the Arts. With its centralized location, you can be to the NC beaches or mountains within a couple of hours. Winston offers mild winters/summers and picturesque falls/springs. A wonderful place to live and work.
- Forsyth Medical Center team consists of a board-certified nurse navigator, licensed clinical social worker, and specialty trained experienced physicians and nurse practitioners
- The physician will be working to provide palliative care as part of an established interdisciplinary team in a >900 bed hospital
- Full time (Wed-Sat, 7:30-5:30), with back-up call responsibilities in rotation with physician partners (APPs serve as primary call)
- Novant Health Medical Group Palliative Consultant assigned to a fast-paced tertiary hospital
- Serve as attending on 19 bed acute palliative care unit
Are you looking for a new opportunity in a rapidly growing healthcare system that focuses on a culture of safety and team member growth?
Come join our team!
At Novant Health, our team of hospital based physicians includes more than 100 hospitalists available to follow patients from admission — whether it is a direct admit or through the ER — all the way through to discharge and back home.
Our service line includes board-certified experts:
- Hospital medicine
- Critical care and pulmonary medicine
- Palliative care and hospice
Members of our team are:
- Physician liaisons, championing education and training initiatives
- Participating and leading various quality and safety committees for an individual hospital or the health system
- Change agents, identifying and leading process improvement efforts
- Administrative partners with hospital and medical staff leaders to help facilitate organizational change
Novant Health offers:
- 2 year salary guarantee
- NH Medical Group employed
- Medical and Retirement Benefits
- Relocation Allowance
- CME Allowance
- System wide EHR-Epic
- Work-Life balance
Novant Health Medical Group
- Consistently ranks in the 90th percentile for provider engagement (Press Ganey 2017 survey)
- Offers resiliency training for physicians and team members to prevent burnout
- Is nationally recognized for advanced care and one of the largest community based, non-profit healthcare systems
- Is well known for being physician-led and physician-driven. For example, our physicians are in every area of leadership across the organization. That means every strategic discussion has physicians at the table, and every market partners a physician leader with an administrator. The result is a focus on the details that are important to physicians.
What does it mean to be a part of Novant Health?
- A commitment to patient centered care and our model of spending more time with each patient, and creating a seamless system of care for our patients are the foundations of our success
- Sharing a philosophy of putting high value on the patient experience
- Joining with a world-class team of more than 1,600 physicians and over 28,000 employees that provide care at over 640 locations, including 15 hospitals and hundreds of outpatient facilities and physician clinics to transform the patient experience
- Novant Health cares for patients and communities in North Carolina, Virginia, South Carolina and Georgia.
- In 2019, Forbes ranked the organization first in North Carolina and 38th nationally on its 2019 Best Employers for Diversity list.
- Novant Health provided more than $883 million in community benefit, including financial assistance and services, in 2018.
- For more information, please visit our website at NovantHealth.org. You can also follow us on Twitter and Facebook.
Join us, and let’s transform healthcare together.