Novant Health is looking for a compassionate, caring board certified / board eligible Pulmonary and Critical Care physician to work in a medical/surgical ICU and outpatient practice in Huntersville, NC. You will be joining a larger group of 18 physicians but will be part of a submarket group in the northern Charlotte region.
Novant Health Pulmonary and Critical Care, Huntersville, NC - provides comprehensive diagnosis and management for a broad range of respiratory diseases, offers outstanding clinical care for patients with respiratory disorders, and serve as a resource to partnering physicians who share in the care of patients with respiratory diseases. We also offer comprehensive outpatient services throughout the area. Our inpatient services include pulmonary consultations, and critical care services delivered in our medical and surgical intensive care units (ICUs). The department offers broad based expertise in; respiratory diseases, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD; emphysema and chronic bronchitis), lung cancer, lung infections, pulmonary fibrosis and pulmonary hypertension.
- Flexibility for inpatient/outpatient split for Pulmonology and Critical Care
- Clinic and hospital with all services on-site
- Facility allows easy transition from outpatient to inpatient
- Excellent referral base from within the clinics and surrounding areas
- Work with Nurse Practitioners and/or Physician Assistants
- Inpatient consultations and procedures & Outpatient clinic visits
- Cover ICU, Outpatient, and Possible Sleep Clinic
- 18 Pulmonologist/Intensivist in the group
- Participate in the educational programs for the critical care unit personnel as well as the medical staff
- Participate in monitoring the quality, safety and appropriateness of patient care as requested by the director or designee.
Come join our team!
At Novant Health, our team of hospital based physicians includes more than 100 hospitalists available to follow patients from admission — whether it is a direct admit or through the ER — all the way through to discharge and back home.
Our service line includes board-certified experts:
- Hospital medicine
- Critical care and pulmonary medicine
- Palliative care and hospice
Members of our team are:
- Physician liaisons, championing education and training initiatives
- Participating and leading various quality and safety committees for an individual hospital or the health system
- Change agents, identifying and leading process improvement efforts
- Administrative partners with hospital and medical staff leaders to help facilitate organizational change
Novant Health offers:
- 2 year salary guarantee
- NH Medical Group employed
- Medical and Retirement Benefits
- Relocation Allowance
- CME Allowance
- System wide EHR-Epic
- Work-Life balance
Novant Health Medical Group
- Is one of the largest medical groups in the nation
- Offers resiliency training for physicians and team members to prevent burnout
- Is nationally recognized for advanced care and one of the largest community based, non-profit healthcare systems
- Is well known for being physician-led and physician-driven. For example, our physicians are in every area of leadership across the organization. That means every strategic discussion has physicians at the table, and every market partners a physician leader with an administrator. The result is a focus on the details that are important to physicians.
What does it mean to be a part of Novant Health?
- A commitment to patient centered care and our model of spending more time with each patient, and creating a seamless system of care for our patients are the foundations of our success
- Sharing a philosophy of putting high value on the patient experience
- Joining with a world-class team of more than 1,600 physicians and over 28,000 employees that provide care at over 640 locations, including 15 hospitals and hundreds of outpatient facilities and physician clinics to transform the patient experience
- Novant Health cares for patients and communities in North Carolina, Virginia, South Carolina and Georgia.
- In 2019, Forbes ranked the organization first in North Carolina and 38th nationally on its 2019 Best Employers for Diversity list.
- Novant Health provided more than $883 million in community benefit, including financial assistance and services, in 2018.
- For more information, please visit our website at NovantHealth.org. You can also follow us on Twitter and Facebook.
Join us, and let’s transform healthcare together.
At Novant Health, one of our core values is diversity and inclusion. By engaging the strengths and talents of each team member, we ensure a strong organization capable of providing remarkable healthcare to our patients, families and communities. Therefore, we invite applicants from all group dynamics to apply to our exciting career opportunities.