Novant Health is seeking an Athletic Trainer to work in a Clinic Setting. Performs supervisory duties and participates in continuing education. Works closely with other disciplines and specialties within the department and facility.
Just as every orthopedic condition or sports injury is unique, so is each treatment plan. Your care team will listen to your concerns and use advanced diagnostic tools to assess your condition. That assessment and your personal goals will help you and your providers select the right treatment plan for you.
• Patient Care - Sports Medicine: Provides preventative care by aiding in pre-participation physical examinations for the physically active, implementing strength and conditioning programs, insuring proper fit and maintenance of protective equipment, and identifying risk factors and conditions which may pose increased risk of injury. Performs evaluation and immediate care of injury and illness for the physically active including administration of proper first aid and emergency care, referral for diagnosis and medical treatment. Assists in the baseline testing, assessment and management of sport-related head injuries and other life threatening injuries or illnesses and will enact an emergency management plan which is outlined in each Certified Athletic Trainer’s Protocol. Performs casting, splinting, custom orthotic fabrication, and durable Medical Equipment (DME) application and patient instruction. Assists providers with Exercise Stress Testing. Coordinates scheduling for the clinic concussion program. Develops and implements rehabilitation and reconditioning goals for the injured physically active patient. Provides therapeutic home exercise program instruction. Triages patient phone calls pertaining to sports medicine related problems including concussion and musculoskeletal questions. Documents all of the above in patient chart.
• Patient Care - Clinical: Performs vital signs. Collects and documents basic patient history and disposition. Assists Physician with acute illness and injury care. Schedules follow-up appointments, makes referrals to specialists and schedules procedures as ordered by the physician. Provides support to the physician with procedures and wound care. Assists in Patient Education for Chronic and Acute Disease. Documents all of the above in patient chart.
• Administration: Maintains DME, Orthotic, Stress Testing, Medical Surgical, and Sports Medicine supply Inventories. Works with Practice manager/supervisor to maintain cost effectiveness and income from sports medicine related activities and initiatives. Assist in clinical quality improvement initiatives through data collection and problem solving. Provides ongoing staff education for wellness and sports medicine topics. Works with providers in establishing new and revising existing clinical sports medicine protocols and initiatives. Assists Supervisor Athletic Trainer in team building and wellness activities for staff. Assists providers in the education of Residents and Fellows in the clinic.
• Marketing: Maintains current and cultivates new relationships in the sports medicine and sporting communities. Designs new programs promoting sports medicine, health and wellness in the community which may or may not be revenue producing for the practice. Reports all outreach activities to providers and staff monthly. Manages medical coverage for sporting events.
• Human Experience: Show courage through creating and sharing innovative ideas to improve the experience for both patients and peers. Round on patients to create meaningful connections and keep patients informed of visit details (delays/wait times). Model the service standards through consistently engaging in Always Event behaviors and view feedback through the patient lens. Recognize and value the unique differences and similarities in both our team members and patients to create an inclusive environment where diversity is celebrated. Explain all processes to patients in plain language and utilize teach back to ensure understanding. Know and model the mission, vision and values, and how they relate to role-specific responsibilities. Model our people credo through a passion to care for each other, our patients and our communities.
Why Novant Health?
At Novant Health, one of our core values is diversity and inclusion. By engaging the strengths and talents of each team member, we ensure a strong organization capable of providing remarkable healthcare to our patients, families and communities. Therefore, we invite applicants from all group dynamics to apply to our exciting career opportunities. Come join a remarkable team where quality care meets quality service, in every dimension, every time. #JoinTeamAubergine #NovantHealth. Let Novant Health be the destination for your professional growth.
#jointeamaubergine #athletictrainer #sportsmedicine #medicalgroup #ortho #sportsmedicine #nhmgrecruitment #athletictrainer
It is the responsibility of every Novant Health team member to deliver the most remarkable patient experience in every dimension, every time.
Learn more about Novant Health