NOVANT CORPORATE PHARMACY
Pharmacy Support Business Analyst
Novant Health is seeking a Pharmacy Support Business Analyst, to join our Corporate Pharmacy team, to deliver optimal medication management across all dimensions of care, every time.
The Pharmacy Support Business Analyst designs and develops data-rich tools to deliver meaningful information for operational excellence. Mines structured and semi-structured data in clinical, claims, and other business databases to report, predict, prescribe, or optimize pharmacy operations. Demonstrates proficiency in data modeling and visualization. Commits attention to the needs of customers and provides timely updates on progress towards completion of requests. Works closely with leadership to understand current and future needs. Partners with IT department on the build and maintenance of data repositories. Completes assignments and delivers updates to Supervisor Pharmacy Automation and Analytics or supervising leader.
Novant Health is an integrated system of physician practices, hospitals, outpatient centers, and more – each element committed to delivering a remarkable healthcare experience for patients and their families. With world-class technology, personal connections, and care that’s easier to access and understand, Novant Health is with patients every step of the way on their journey to health and wellness.
Essential functions include:
- Analyze processes and create reports to provide trend information and recommendations for improvements and system needs. Has the business and technical knowledge/skills necessary to recognize and respond to current and future needs. Utilize multiple systems to extract data and create reports. Serve as a data expert analyzing and learning diverse information management environments and tools. Participate in the budgeting, planning, and reporting process through the development and maintenance of various tools. Participate in assigned committees and work groups in a positive, productive, and creative manner.
- Perform data analysis, query writing and report development. Provide information through standard and ad-hoc reports. Determine data needs and preferred data source. Define reports and develop programs to create reports. Evaluate, revise, and provide reports as requested to customer. Analyze and present data to individuals or groups. Participate in the development of new data sources and data variables, collection processes, standards, data dictionaries, and data manipulation and processing. Work with internal and external data providers to ensure accurate data is available in a timely and accessible manner. Design reports, dashboards, and other processes to ensure that the right people have the right information to answer business questions. Develop and implement dashboards and reports using a variety of analytical and business intelligence tools. Provide quality assurance and reporting analysis for metrics across pharmacy services. Participate with Business Intelligence teams to design and map data needs. Develop specifications, programs, parameters, and/or adaptations with complex logic and database management techniques. Proficiency in multiple applicable programming languages and/or systems analysis techniques.
- Ensure accurate and current data is stored appropriately and readily available when needed. Work with customers and vendors to implement system functionality based on business needs. Assess business requirements and develop efficient and effective solutions. Analysis focus to improve efficiency, data accuracy, and continuous improvement initiatives.
Why Novant Health?
- The team member’s Number One job responsibility is to deliver the most remarkable patient experience, in every dimension, every time, and understands how to contribute to the health system’s vision of achieving that commitment to patients and families. At Novant Health, people are our business. We treat each other with respect and compassion. We embrace the differences in our strengths while fostering an environment of inclusion, empowerment, inspiration and courage. The team member will use Novant Health’s First Do No Harm (NHFDNH) safety behaviors/error prevention tools and high reliability strategies as appropriate to ensure a safe, remarkable patient experience.
- 8 Magnet Designated Hospitals
- LeapFrog Grade “A” Ratings at Novant Health facilities
- Novant Health is recognized as one of the Best Places to Work for Disability Inclusion, Forbes Best Employers for Women in 2020, Leaders in LGBTQ Healthcare Equality and 50 Best Places for Women and Managers of Diverse Backgrounds to Work.
#JoinTeamAubergine #NovantHealth #Pharmacy
At Novant Health, one of our core values is diversity and inclusion. By engaging the strengths and talents of each team member, we ensure a strong organization capable of providing remarkable healthcare to our patients, families and communities. Therefore, we invite applicants from all group dynamics to apply to our exciting career opportunities.