Family Medicine Residency Program Director and Medical Director of Academic Family Medicine
Novant Health – New Hanover Regional Medical Center is seeking a dynamic leader and experienced academic clinician to successfully lead an established family medicine residency program in coastal southeastern North Carolina. Established over 25 years ago, the program is fully accredited with 18 residents with a long history of graduating outstanding residents with many practicing across our region and state. Affiliated with the Universtiy of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, its faculty are members of the UNC statewide family medicine faculty. The program is actively developing a new rural training track intended to produce the next generation of rural primary care physicians in rural North Carolina. The position will include leadership, administrative, teaching, scholarly, and patient care responsibilities, with authority and accountability for the overall program.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Program leadership, growth and development
- Mentorship of family medicine faculty, residents and students through administrative, academic, and clinical activities
- Foster a culture acceptance and promote diversity, equity and inclusion
- Practice provides full spectrum family medicine, inclusive of opportunities for outpatient, acute inpatient care, maternal care, obstetrics, and a variety of procedures.
Exceptional Benefits and More:
- Academic faculty appointment at the UNC Department of Family Medicine commensurate with physician’s credentials and experience
- Highly competitive salary with a sign-on bonus and relocation assistance
- Comprehensive benefits options including 403b with up to 6% match, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Additional Physician Pre-Tax Savings Plan 457 (b)
- Short-term disability and Long-term disability coverage with supplemental wrap-around policy
- Employer paid liability insurance with tail coverage
- CME allowance
Being a Southern coastal town, Wilmington offers a variety of activities: historic downtown, Thalian Hall performing arts center, beaches and water activities, fishing nightlife, golf, tennis, great restaurants. Our community offers many family oriented events, festivals and activities. Additionally, area schools are identified as some of the top in the state while the local university provides further educational opportunities.
Are you looking for a new opportunity in a rapidly growing healthcare system that focuses on a culture of safety and team member growth?
Come join our team!
For our primary care providers:
- Access is a key theme – Novant Health encourages same day, extended hours, e-visits and video visits to deliver care where and when our patients need us.
- All of our community medicine physician leaders maintain a patient panel to remain connected to the day-to-day challenges and joys of practicing medicine.
- Many of our clinics utilize a team approach to care, which includes PAs, NPs, clinical pharmacy practitioners, health behaviorists and clinical RNs.
Novant Health offers:
- 2 year salary guarantee
- NH Medical Group employed
- Medical and Retirement Benefits
- Relocation Allowance
- CME Allowance
- System wide EHR-Epic
- Work-Life balance
Novant Health Medical Group
- Is one of the largest medical groups in the nation
- Offers resiliency training for physicians and team members to prevent burnout
- Is nationally recognized for advanced care and one of the largest community based, non-profit healthcare systems
- Is well known for being physician-led and physician-driven. For example, our physicians are in every area of leadership across the organization. That means every strategic discussion has physicians at the table, and every market partners a physician leader with an administrator. The result is a focus on the details that are important to physicians.
What does it mean to be a part of Novant Health?
- A commitment to patient centered care and our model of spending more time with each patient, and creating a seamless system of care for our patients are the foundations of our success
- Sharing a philosophy of putting high value on the patient experience
- Novant Health is an integrated network of physician clinics, outpatient facilities and hospitals that delivers a seamless and convenient healthcare experience to communities in North Carolina, South Carolina, and Georgia.
- The Novant Health network consists of more than 1,800 physicians and over 35,000 employees who provide care at nearly 800 locations, including 15 hospitals and hundreds of outpatient facilities and physician clinics.
- In 2022, Novant Health was included on Forbes’ Best Employers for Diversity, Best Employers and America’s Best-in-State Employers list. The Disability Equality Index also named Novant Health on its Best Places to Work list.
- In 2021, Novant Health reported $1.1 billion in total community benefit, including $192.7 million in financial assistance to members of the communities we serve.
At Novant Health, one of our core values is diversity and inclusion. By engaging the strengths and talents of each team member, we ensure a strong organization capable of providing remarkable healthcare to our patients, families and communities. Therefore, we invite applicants from all group dynamics to apply to our exciting career opportunities.
Join us, and let’s transform healthcare together.