The Registered Nurse serves as a leader of the healthcare team at Novant Health by establishing an authentic personalized relationship with the patient and their chosen support system, collaborating with physicians and other team members to assess, plan, implement, and evaluate an individualized plan of care that promotes optimal health or supports a peaceful death. The Registered Nurse utilizes best scientific evidence and compassion to assist the patient in navigating their health journey. The Registered Nurse accepts responsibility, authority, and accountability for management and provision of care in accordance with the current policies and procedures.
These RN’s possess the skills, competency and qualifications, as well as a requirement to work in all facilities within a defined market: Greater Charlotte (GCM) or Greater Winston Salem (GWSM)..This group shall be known as the Super Pool. These RNs are a part of Surgical Services. The specialties within the Surgical Services float pool include: Sterile Processing, Operating Room, Pre-Op/Phase II, and PACU.
Come join a remarkable team where quality care meets quality service, in every dimension, every time.
#JoinTeamAubergine #NovantHealth Let Novant Health be the destination for your professional growth.
At Novant Health, one of our core values is diversity and inclusion. By engaging the strengths and talents of each team member, we ensure a strong organization capable of providing remarkable healthcare to our patients, families and communities. Therefore, we invite applicants from all group dynamics to apply to our exciting career opportunities.
Education: Associate degree required. Bachelor's degree preferred. Graduate of an accredited school of nursing required. If your RN nursing license has been inactive, retired or lapsed for five years or more and you have not been licensed in another state during the last five years, successful completion of a Board approved refresher course is required prior to reactivating or reinstating your license. In order to be considered for current licensure status, you must apply for reinstatement within one year of completing the refresher course
Experience: A minimum of two years relevant experience required.
License/Certification: Current RN licensure in appropriate state; Advanced certifications as required per facility required. Specialty certification preferred.
Additonal skills required:
• Appropriate customer service, effective and appropriate customer relations, verbal and non-verbal communication techniques, interpersonal relationship skills, conflict resolution, critical thinking and computer literacy.
• Advanced training as required by department.
• Ability to set priorities and organize workload of unit.
• Knowledge and skills necessary to modify care according to patient’s age.
• Has the ability to interpret information to identify each patient’s requirements for care relative to his/her specific needs.
• Reviews the results of studies relevant to the patient’s current status and operative/invasive procedure.
• Objectively evaluate suggestions, grievances and processes to identify opportunities to improve performance and quality of care.
• Provides comfort and reassurance to patient and family.
• Maintains patient’s privacy, confidentiality and dignity.
• Maintains current knowledge of and adheres to professional agency’s standards, position statements, guidelines or recommended practices, i.e. AORN, ASPAN, SGNA, etc.
• Completes individualized orientation, demonstrates skill proficiency, participates in ongoing education activities relevant to issues and trends in perioperative nursing and strives to achieve certification.
• Incorporates research findings into practice, seeks evidence based knowledge and participates in research activities by involvement.
It is the responsibility of every Novant Health team member to deliver the most remarkable patient experience in every dimension, every time.
Learn more about Novant Health