Potential relocation assistance for qualified applicants & locations!
Novant Health is seeking a Pharmacy Manager, to lead our Charlotte Market Outpatient Oncology Pharmacy team, to deliver optimal medication management across all dimensions of care, every time. This position will be responsible for 35 FTEs and 7 infusion pharmacies. Other responsibilities include oversight of clinical services, operations, and financial stewardship.
Novant Health is an integrated system of physician practices, hospitals, outpatient centers, and more – each element committed to delivering a remarkable healthcare experience for patients and their families. With world-class technology, personal connections, and care that’s easier to access and understand, Novant Health is with patients every step of the way on their journey to health and wellness.
Essential functions include:
- Evaluation of medication dispensing and clinical practice to ensure efficient, cost-effective, quality, and safe patient care.
- Accuracy of charge capture and reimbursement.
- Responsibility for maintenance and updates of cancer center charge master.
- Evaluation of appropriateness for treatment protocols and drug utilization.
- Nursing department support for patient and staff education.
- Coordinates with satellite cancer centers to address medication and dispensing needs.
- Coordinates with inpatient radiation oncology.
- Maintaining optimal clinical and operational pharmacy support.
Additional Skills (required):
- Understanding of current and future trends/practice in Pharmacy (internal and external); regulatory and governing standards, policies and procedures.
- Commitment to continually improve skills through participation in educational opportunities whether offered as on-the-job, within or outside other facility to increase knowledge of work-related issues; information systems and software used in Pharmacy including but not limited to current Pharmacy HIS system, procurement software, ADM machines; equipment used in performing assigned duties.
- Application of safety and infection control policies and procedures.
- Skills in interviewing and selection process.
- Understanding of budgeting, staffing, payroll and purchasing processes.
- Implementation of competency, feedback, development and progressive discipline processes; teambuilding, conflict management, and interpersonal relationship skills.
- Decision making, project leadership and consultation, delegation and communication skills; concepts of change management; effective written and verbal communication of staff behaviors and performance.
- Understanding of customer needs and expectations and knowledge for improvement to exceed customer expectations.
- Ability to apply process improvement methods to assure quality.
Why Novant Health?
- Come join a remarkable team where quality care meets quality service, in every dimension, every time. Let Novant Health be the destination for your professional growth as you take advantage of the opportunities to practice within innovative, multidisciplinary team focused on providing the highest level of comprehensive oncology care!
- 8 Magnet Designated Hospitals
- LeapFrog Grade “A” Ratings at Novant Health facilities
- Novant Health is recognized as one of the Best Places to Work for Disability Inclusion, Forbes Best Employers for Women in 2020, Leaders in LGBTQ Healthcare Equality and 50 Best Places for Women and Managers of Diverse Backgrounds to Work.
#JoinTeamAubergine #NovantHealth #Pharmacist #NHClinPharmacist #Management #Leadership
At Novant Health, one of our core values is diversity and inclusion. By engaging the strengths and talents of each team member, we ensure a strong organization capable of providing remarkable healthcare to our patients, families and communities. Therefore, we invite applicants from all group dynamics to apply to our exciting career opportunities.