Novant Health Psychiatric Medicine in Winston-Salem, NC has a need for a full-time, board certified/board eligible outpatient Psychiatrist interested in supporting both the adult and geriatric patient population. Clinic office hours are 8:00 AM-5:00 PM, Monday through Friday. Call expectation is 2 weeks/year, only 1 week at a time. The call will be 5PM – 11PM and weekends 8AM – 11PM with no overnight calls. The NH Psychiatric Medicine team currently includes 2 physicians and 2 therapists.
Winston-Salem, NC is a vibrant metropolitan community centrally located within the Piedmont-Triad region of NC. The city offers numerous dining, entertainment and shopping amenities. From picturesque neighborhoods to condos, apartments and townhouses--the community offers a variety of living options to suit every lifestyle. The city is well known for its thriving performing arts community in addition to minor league baseball and concert venues. The metro area also boasts numerous parks and green spaces offering plenty of opportunities for outdoor recreation and fitness. The mountains and coast are 2 - 3 1/2 hour drives, making daytrips a must. With easy access to Greensboro International Airport, domestic and international travel is convenient.
Our behavioral health team includes more than 80 specialists who strive to provide expert care in the best format for each patient, when and where it’s needed, including
- Acute care
- 24/7 assessment and triage services
- Inpatient and outpatient programs
- Emergency telepsychiatry
Novant Health offers:
- 2 year salary guarantee
- NH Medical Group employed
- Medical and Retirement Benefits
- Paid Leave Benefits
- Relocation Allowance
- CME Allowance
- System wide EHR-Epic
- Work-Life balance
Novant Health Medical Group
- Is one of the largest medical groups in the nation
- Offers resiliency training for physicians and team members to prevent burnout
- Is nationally recognized for advanced care and one of the largest community based, non-profit healthcare systems
- Is well known for being physician-led and physician-driven. For example, our physicians are in every area of leadership across the organization. That means every strategic discussion has physicians at the table, and every market partners a physician leader with an administrator. The result is a focus on the details that are important to physicians.
What does it mean to be a part of Novant Health?
- A commitment to patient centered care and our model of spending more time with each patient, and creating a seamless system of care for our patients are the foundations of our success
- Sharing a philosophy of putting high value on the patient experience
- Novant Health is an integrated network of physician clinics, outpatient facilities and hospitals that delivers a seamless and convenient healthcare experience to communities in North Carolina, South Carolina, and Georgia.
- The Novant Health network consists of more than 1,800 physicians and over 35,000 employees who provide care at nearly 800 locations, including 15 hospitals and hundreds of outpatient facilities and physician clinics.
- In 2021, Novant Health was the highest-ranking healthcare system in North Carolina to be included on Forbes' Best Employers for Diversity list.
- Diversity MBA Magazine ranked Novant Health first in the nation on its 2021 list of “Best Places for Women & Diverse Managers to Work.”
- In 2020, Novant Health provided more than $1.02 billion in community benefit, including financial assistance and services.